Meat is, no doubt, one of the best food that people can eat; save for vegetarians and vegans. But If you are someone who really likes meat but hear so many mixed reviews about them then there is no denying that you do agree with some of the negative comments here and there. However, if you are here for some positive effects, then here are some health benefits you may want to read about and at the same time, be able to choose the meats that are more healthy.
- Meat gives complete and high-quality protein.
- As compared to protein, iron is considered to be an under-consumed nutrient and that iron deficiency has become a concern for the public health for adolescence, premenopausal, and pregnant women. Most especially red meat, meat has plentiful amounts of heme iron.
- Vitamins -12
- This is only available from animals and has an important role in one’s digestion and energy production.
- Lipid Profile and Cardiovascular Health
- Studies have shown that low-carbohydrate diets are just as effective as low-fat diets.
Just as all animal products do, meat has cholesterol. Studies have shown that dietary cholesterol has little effect on blood cholesterol.
Do note that some extensive research of the scientific literature has made a conclusion that saturated fats are treated by the body depending on whether it is processed or unprocessed meats. An example would be a local butcher’s small steak and slices of deli meat (which has nitrates and other added preservatives) which both may have 5 grams of saturated fat, however, there will be a greater, negative impact on the health if the latter is consumed.
Which is the best?
- Non-processed meats. This is no surprise as it has the fewest ingredients and is typically less processed. Some do not have ingredients at all because the only ingredient is the meat itself.
- Grass-fed beef. As they say, you are what you eat. This type of beef carries omega-3 fats and lower bacterial infections and parasites, thus they do not require as many antibiotics.
- There is a mistake when people classify eggs as dairy, but in truth, they are the chicken’s “fruit”. Dairy, on the other hand, comes typically comes from cows. Eggs contain high vitamin A, a variety of vitamin B, minerals, phytonutrients, and, not in any danger to eat in spite of the high cholesterol amount.
- Small Fish. There are many types of fishes that contain high levels of omega-3 fats. Small fish, the bottom feeders, have sustainability, an added benefit.
Now it is all your choice whether you would like to choose between the positive and negative comments of meat. But if you are in the mood to have some great meat, you can try out Meatworksco smokehouse restaurant.