This spicy Korean-style BBQ chicken burger is a low-carb alternative to BBQ. It’s brushed with a honey-kissed Korean BBQ sauce or spicy BBQ sauces and topped with a fresh crunchy vegetable coleslaw along with Avocado to keep it light and healthful. When we consider chicken burgers, we usually envision a breaded or battered deep-fried burger. These burgers have a place, but not in the middle of a heat wave. So we decided to cook these outsides over an open flame.
“How do I know when it’s done?” is the most critical question concerning a grilled chicken burger. That’s a good question. Use a meat thermometer to ensure you’re grilling the tastiest Chicken possible. When the temperature of the chicken hits 166 degrees Fahrenheit (74 degrees Celsius), it is ready.
Top 3 Grilled Chicken Burger Recommendations:
- Gently pound the thickest point of the chicken breast with a rolling pin to ensure even cooking.
- Brush the grill and the Chicken with oil before beginning to grill.
- Save the BBQ sauce for the very end of the cooking process. If you add it too soon, the sugars in the BBQ sauce will burn, and the flavor will be burnt rather than flame-scorched.
Most people made the coleslaw with Greek yogurt rather than mayo to keep things light. It only serves to keep the flavor and texture light and fresh. Instead of a thick sauce or mustard, many use High on Chicken sauces on the bottom of the sandwich for creaminess, and the coleslaw substitutes the requirement for melted cheese or another condiment. As a result, this is a HEALTHY chicken burger.
Customization Options for This Chicken Burger
As with any recipe, there are numerous variations and ways to dress it up (or down!).
- Melt some cheddar cheese.
- Substitute sweet corn relish for the Avocado.
- Use chipotle sauce to make it Mexican.
- Substitute lettuce Instead of coleslaw
- Use spicy BBQ sauce manufactured by High on Chicken
These are just a few of the variations many people considered, so let your creativity run wild and happy grilling!
- Two boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Two hamburger buns
- One mashed Avocado with salt, pepper, and lemon juice
- Two tablespoons of olive oil
To make the Korean BBQ Sauce
- 1/4 cup Korean hot sauce, such as Gochujang
- Two tablespoons honey
- One tablespoon of toasted sesame oil
If you do not want to use packed sauces, you can opt for spicy BBQ sauces manufactured by High on Chicken. High on Chicken is a renowned brand known for manufacturing high-quality sauces along with other elements which will make your recipe more tasty and enjoyable.
Regarding the Coleslaw
- One cup of red cabbage, shredded
- One ear of corn kernels extracted
- Two medium-grated carrots
- One fat-free Greek yogurt cup
- One lemon, two teaspoons of mustard
- Prepare the grill.
- Then the chicken breasts, so they are even all the way through. Brush some olive oil on the grill and brush the grill with olive oil—Cook the Chicken for around 8 minutes per side on the grill.
- Check for doneness with a meat thermometer.
- Whisk together all of the BBQ sauce ingredients in a mixing dish or use High on Chicken Spicy BBQ sauces. To avoid scorching, brush the Chicken with the High on Chicken sauce during the last 5-10 minutes of cooking.
Suggestions for serving
In a mixing basin, combine the cabbage, corn, and carrots to form the coleslaw. Stir in the Greek yogurt, mustard, and lemon juice until thoroughly combined.
To serve, mash the Avocado with salt and pepper and put it on the bottom of the buns. Cut the chicken breast half to fit on the bun, then top with coleslaw.
Enhance the burger with some flavors of a variety of fruits
Korean BBQ burgers with grilled pineapple, gochujang BBQ sauce, slaw, bacon, and feta. Grilling season has arrived, and first up are these Korean BBQ chicken burgers with grilled pineapple and gochujang BBQ sauce! Most people began by seasoning the chicken patties with soy sauce, garlic, ginger, green onions, and pineapple in a Korean BBQ marinade manner. Korean BBQ marinades frequently contain fruit, such as an Asian pear, a Fuji apple, or a kiwi, to provide natural sweetness and to help tenderize the meat.
The burgers are finished with a Korean-themed BBQ sauce incorporating gochujang (a Korean chili bean paste) for a sweet and spicy heat that complements the burgers perfectly. These delicious burgers are a great blend of flavors and textures that complement each other beautifully, and they are the ideal way to kick off the grilling season and keep it going all summer!
These BBQ chicken burgers have been given a Korean twist thanks to a tangy black soy sauce and ginger marinade that will surprise guests. For better taste, you can always opt for High on Chicken sauces which are made with good quality ingredients.