- Brown RiceWe provide the best recipes on how to cook brown rice and also share about the healthy benefits and nutritional information on the best brown rice dishes.
- Fried RiceLearning how to cook fried rice is relatively easy, whether you're using a rice cooker, wok, or frying pan. Good Asian food almost always includes Chinese friend rice, although there are plenty of other types of friend rice available as well.
- Rice CookersSelecting the right rice cooker will help you make the best rice for any recipe. Consider rice maker brands from Oster to Hitachi to select the rice cooker for you.
- Rice RecipesWe provide the best rice recipes from around the world. From wild rice recipes to rice balls, our delicious and tasty rice dishes will inspire the cook in you.
- Types Of RiceThere are many types of rice available including brown rice, white rice, black rice, wild rice, and more. Find out which type of rice would be best for your delicious rice dish.
- White RiceWhite rice is the most commonly eaten type of rice available and with good reason. Find out how to cook white rice for the best nutritional value while maintaining the delicious taste you expect.
- Wild RiceWhile looking at how to cook wild rice, we also discuss the nutritional and health benefits that come with eating wild rice along with a few delicious recipes like wild rice stuffing.
For people who cannot live without eating rice, investing in a really good and effective rice cooker is highly recommended. At first glance you might think that this piece of appliance is perhaps the simplest invention ever, but no one can ever doubt the kind of change it has brought to millions if not billions of household all over the world. With rice being the staple and most basic part of the standard family meal, you will surely agree just how essential it is to have an effective rice cooker.
The countless benefits
When you think of having a rice cooker, you will then begin enumerating the many benefits and advantages that you can get out of it. To start with, this appliance is so easy to use that even a child can operate it. You don’t even need to be a technical enthusiast just to make it work. For homeowners who do not enjoy cooking rice using the traditional way, a rice cooker is definitely a great solution.
It is also beneficial for those who are somehow juggling a lot of responsibilities and tasks at home. Once you plug it in, you can just leave it as it is and then go back to doing what you are supposed to do. If you have a lot of meals to prepare for, you no longer have to worry about going back and forth just checking the status of the rice you are cooking – definitely a time saver, especially for those who are always on the go.
If you want to know how to cook rice effectively and perfectly, you have to find the best brand that can provide you that exact result. With so many brands and types of rice cookers sprouting in the market today, you might find yourself having a hard time choosing the right one. Here are some of the most popular and highest rated rice cooker brands that have earned positive reviews so far:
Armed with the induction heating technology, Zojirushi definitely knows how to stay on top of the game. Their rice cookers have always gained consistent popularity and good feedbacks from consumers. This brand also offers an extensive lineup of rice cookers, allowing the consumers to choose one that will meet their requirements.
If you are looking for something multi-purpose, go for the Zojirushi NS-LAC05 Micom 3-Cup Rice Cooker and Warmer
which boasts of several cooking functions that are perfect in cooking brown and white rice, sushi, porridge and other basic types.
2. Aroma ARC
In general, if you want something high end, you also need to prepare your pocket, as it means having to pay an expensive price tag that comes along with the purchase. Aroma, on the other hand, seems to cater to those who do not want to spend too much but still want good quality and best tasting rice. If you are not really after those technological features that other expensive brands offer, you can definitely appreciate an Aroma rice cooker. The Aroma 20-Cup Digital Cool-Touch Rice Cooker ARC-150SB, for instance, can be used as a rice cooker, steamer and a slow cooker, too. Absolutely a great deal for a lesser price.
This Japanese brand is also something you cannot take for granted. Most of its rice cooker models feature the keep-warm function, retractable power cord and an inner pan that is also non stick. These rice cookers are relatively easy to use and wash, and can also produce great tasting rice when used properly. One fine advantage is the ability to store easily because of the retractable cord, making it easier for you to organize your kitchen and counter tops.
How to choose the right one
Aside from these three, you can also consider brands such as Panasonic, Sanyo, Oster and PARS. Indeed, there can be a lot of choices but of course, the decision will still be up to you as the buyer. If you have a lot of money to spare, you can always go for the best and most expensive brands. You should also consider durability and the kind of quality that the brand can offer. You ideally want something that can stand the test of time, without having to sacrifice convenience, taste and overall satisfaction.