- Brown RiceWe provide the best recipes on how to cook brown rice and also share about the healthy benefits and nutritional information on the best brown rice dishes.
- Fried RiceLearning how to cook fried rice is relatively easy, whether you're using a rice cooker, wok, or frying pan. Good Asian food almost always includes Chinese friend rice, although there are plenty of other types of friend rice available as well.
- Rice CookersSelecting the right rice cooker will help you make the best rice for any recipe. Consider rice maker brands from Oster to Hitachi to select the rice cooker for you.
- Rice RecipesWe provide the best rice recipes from around the world. From wild rice recipes to rice balls, our delicious and tasty rice dishes will inspire the cook in you.
- Types Of RiceThere are many types of rice available including brown rice, white rice, black rice, wild rice, and more. Find out which type of rice would be best for your delicious rice dish.
- White RiceWhite rice is the most commonly eaten type of rice available and with good reason. Find out how to cook white rice for the best nutritional value while maintaining the delicious taste you expect.
- Wild RiceWhile looking at how to cook wild rice, we also discuss the nutritional and health benefits that come with eating wild rice along with a few delicious recipes like wild rice stuffing.
For people who cannot live without eating rice, investing in a really good and effective rice cooker is highly recommended. At first glance you might think that this piece of appliance is perhaps the simplest invention ever, but no one can ever doubt the kind of change it has brought to millions if not billions of household all over the world. With rice being the staple and most basic part of the standard family meal, you will surely agree just how essential it is to have an effective rice cooker.
The countless benefits
When you think of having a rice cooker, you will then begin enumerating the many benefits and advantages that you can get out of it. To start with, this appliance is so easy to use that even a child can operate it. You don’t even need to be a technical enthusiast just to make it work. For homeowners who do not enjoy cooking rice using the traditional way, a rice cooker is definitely a great solution.
It is also beneficial for those who are somehow juggling a lot of responsibilities and tasks at home. Once you plug it in, you can just leave it as it is and then go back to doing what you are supposed to do. If you have a lot of meals to prepare for, you no longer have to worry about going back and forth just checking the status of the rice you are cooking – definitely a time saver, especially for those who are always on the go.
If you want to know how to cook rice effectively and perfectly, you have to find the best brand that can provide you that exact result. With so many brands and types of rice cookers sprouting in the market today, you might find yourself having a hard time choosing the right one. Here are some of the most popular and highest rated rice cooker brands that have earned positive reviews so far:
Armed with the induction heating technology, Zojirushi definitely knows how to stay on top of the game. Their rice cookers have always gained consistent popularity and good feedbacks from consumers. This brand also offers an extensive lineup of rice cookers, allowing the consumers to choose one that will meet their requirements.
- Zojirushi NS-LAC05: This 3-cup rice cooker and warmer has the capacity to make 6 cups of cooked to perfection rice with various functions, which include cooking sushi, porridge, mixed rice and any kind of rice such as white or brown. Its technology is based on the inner cooking pan that provides an even heating for better cooking and accurate control of ingredients. This Zojirushi unit also boasts of a detachable inner lid, a delay timer that has two settings for convenient cooking, reheating cycle and an automatic extended keep-warm setting.
- Zojirushi Micom: This rice cooker also serves as a food warmer using a micro computerized fuzzy logic equipment which means that the cooker can “think” for itself and can decide whether there is a need to adjust the temperature setting basing this on the measure of the ingredients used and how fast the rice cooks on during hotter days, thus ensuring a perfectly-cooked rice. It automatically keeps your dish or rice warm with extended reheating cycle and keeps warm technology. With this Zojirushi unit, cleaning will be easy and convenient because it is made of clear-coated stainless steel exterior.
- Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy: This 5.5-cup cooker is computerized with the cutting-edge Neuro Fuzzy logic technology. It has numerous menu selections that include automatic and extended keep warm and reheat cycles for more convenient cooking. Its spherical and non-stick inner pan makes sure that there is a uniformed heat distributed while cooking.
2. Aroma ARC
In general, if you want something high end, you also need to prepare your pocket, as it means having to pay an expensive price tag that comes along with the purchase. Aroma, on the other hand, seems to cater to those who do not want to spend too much but still want good quality and best tasting rice. If you are not really after those technological features that other expensive brands offer, you can definitely appreciate an Aroma rice cooker. Most of the Aroma rice cooker can be used as steamer and a slow cooker, too. Absolutely a great deal for a lesser price.
- Aroma ARC-914SBD: This 8-cup digital rice cooker and food steamer can perfectly prepare up to 8 cups of rice. On top of that, this could also steam vegetable or meat even while cooking the rice at the same time. It also has a programmable delay timer of up to 15 hours for convenient meal planning. This cooker could also be used in cooking soups, chilies and even stews.
- Aroma ARC-753SG Stainless: The great thing about this 6-cup rice cooker is that its pot is made of surgical-grade 304 stainless steel. It has a simple, one-touch operation that automatically keeps the rice warm.
- Aroma Arc: This rice cooker and food steamer can prepare 2-6 cups of perfecty-cooked rice. It can also perfectly steam food such as vegetables and meat. It has a non-stick inner cooking pot that can easily be cleaned as all parts of this cooker is dishwasher-safe.
This Japanese brand is also something you cannot take for granted. Most of its rice cooker models feature the keep-warm function, retractable power cord and an inner pan that is also non stick. These rice cookers are relatively easy to use and wash, and can also produce great tasting rice when used properly. One fine advantage is the ability to store easily because of the retractable cord, making it easier for you to organize your kitchen and counter tops.
- Tiger JNP-S10U: This 5.5-cup rice cooker and warmer with a stainless steel finish has a keep warm function that could last up to 12 hours, which is very convenient especially those living in the fast-paced life of the city. It has a non-stick inner pan that culd easily be cleaned and a retractable cord for handiness.
- Tiger JNP-1800: This rice cooker has similar functions with the JNP-S10U model but has a higher capacity as it could cook up to 10 cups of uncooked rice.
- Tiger JKJ-G10U: This Made in Japan induction heating rice cooker and warmer promises you a perfect rice every time. It evenly heats up the inner pan ensuring a well-cooked 5.5-cups of rice.
How to choose the right one
Aside from these three, you can also consider brands such as Panasonic, Sanyo, Oster and PARS. Indeed, there can be a lot of choices but of course, the decision will still be up to you as the buyer. If you have a lot of money to spare, you can always go for the best and most expensive brands. You should also consider durability and the kind of quality that the brand can offer. You ideally want something that can stand the test of time, without having to sacrifice convenience, taste and overall satisfaction.